Sample transactions in which Michael has acted as attorney include the following:
PURCHASE & SALE; PROPERTY DEVELOPMENT
- Representation of a development company in connection with the sale of a commercial office building located in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Representation of developer in connection with a multifaceted transaction that involved the subdivision of real estate parcels, establishment of a commercial condominium project on the developed parcel, sale of the undeveloped parcel, transfer of condominium units to an affiliate of the developer, and a long-term lease of the condominium units.
- Representation of developer in connection with the subdivision of lots and establishment of a commercial condominium project. The project involved the sale of multiple units to a developer, lease-back leases for portions of the project, easement agreements, construction agreements, and negotiation of agreements with governmental authorities.
- Representation of oil refinery in connection with the purchase of oil refinery operations and facilities, including hundreds of gas stations, approximately 200 miles of oil pipeline infrastructure, marketing terminals and related facilities and infrastructures.
- Representation of trustees of a trust in connection with the sale of developable property located at the corner of Pico and Grand in Downtown Los Angeles.
- Representation of corporate trustees in connection with the sale of multiple properties.
- Representation of buyers and sellers in connection with the purchase and sale of various types of real estate projects, including the purchase of a shopping center, sale of large office complexes, and sale of developable land.
REAL ESTATE FINANCE & CORPORATE
- Representation of lenders in connection with loan origination projects, including a $350,000,000 loan secured by approximately thirty hotel properties located in twenty-six states.
- Representation of hotel in connection with the negotiation and closing of loans secured by hotel properties.
- Representation of lenders in connection with mezzanine loan transactions, and secondary market mortgage transactions.
- Representation of issuers and underwriters in connection with regulated securities transactions, including securitization transactions and debt and equity offerings.
- Representation of sellers and buyers in merger and acquisition transactions.
- Representation of tenant in connection with the build-to-suit lease of approximately 80,000 square feet of creative office space for its corporate campus in Newark, New Jersey.
- Representation of tenant in connection with a build-to-suit lease of approximately 110,000 square feet of office space in San Diego, California.
- Representation of corporate landlord in connection with the leasing of multiple retail properties for restaurant use.
- Representation of landlords and tenants in connection with the negotiation and drafting of multiple offices, retail, and industrial lease agreements.
- Representation of landlord in connection with the leasing of agricultural property in Indio, California.
- Representation of tenant in connection with the negotiation of a long-term lease for a high-tech state of the art communications facility located at a football stadium.
- Representation of landlord in connection with the negotiation and leasing of a fast-food restaurant.
- Representation of national clothing retailer in connection with the negotiation of a retail lease agreement.
- Representation of communications company with respect to the negation of leases, easement agreements and license agreements for communications facilities located at multiple types of properties, including college campuses, public venues, city parks, hospitals, religious institutions, public rights-of-way, and commercial buildings.
OTHER REAL ESTATE RELATED PROJECTS
- Representation of lender in connection with the settlement of various disputes that arose between the lender and purchasers or users of REO properties.
- Representation of client in connection with various matters related to the development of high-end residential property in Los Angeles, including guidance on matters related to disputes with the adjacent property owner, the homeowners’ association, and contractor.
- Representation of operator in connection with the obtaining of land use approvals for the operation of a communications facility, including obtaining approvals from the mayor and city council.
- Representation of commercial tenant in connection with an arbitration process to determine the fair market rental rate for the renewal term.